1) A favorite political track.
Although it’s not political in the sense most people will think of I really like What’s it’s Like by Everlast. Kinda makes you think about judging people.
2) One of those tracks that make you dance on the dancefloor no matter what.
It Takes Two by Rob Bass and DJ EZ Rock
Let me Clear my Throat by DJ Old Skool
Old school hip hop at its best
3) The song you’d use to tell someone you love them.
As by Stevie Wonder
You Put a Move on my Heart by Tamia
4) A song that has made you sit down and analyze it’s lyrics.
Love Ridden and Shadowboxer by Fiona Apple
Would not Come by Alanis Morrissette
Luxurious by Gwen Stefani (soooo didn’t realize she was talking about smoking weed. But now that I know, I like it even more. Great song to smoke to. You know…if I ahem…smoked. Yeah.)
5) A song that you like, that a two-year-old would like as well.
Blackout by Mashonda
La la by Teiarra Mari
(Damn the kids for getting me hooked on them!)
6) A song that gives you an energy boost.
Ready to go by Republica
As by Stevie Wonder
Lose Yourself by Eminem
7) A song that you and your grandparents (would probably) like.
When Sunny gets Blue by Sarah Vaughn
A Song for You by Donny Hathaway
8) A song that you really liked when you were 14-16, and still really like now.
Popular by Nada Surf
Black Hole Sun by Soundgarden
Always be my Baby by Mariah Carey
9) A sad song that would be in the soundtrack of the movie about your life.
Ne me Quitte Pas by Nina Simone
Smile by Tamia
10) A peppy song that would start the opening credits of the movie about your life
Everybody got Their Something by Nikka Costa (you know it; it was in like 10 MILLION car commercials last year)
Ebony Eyes by Stevie Wonder
11) A good song from a genre of music that no one would guess that you liked.
Sandman by Metallica
If You’re not in it (for Love) Shania Twain
12) A song that you think should have been playing when you were born.
Isn’t she Lovely by Stevie Wonder
13) A favorite artist duo collaboration.
Jay-Z and Eminem on Renegade (though Jay really got himself embarassed on his own track)
Run DMC and Aerosmith Walk This Way
all of Collision Course (the Jay-Z/Linkin Park album)
14) A favorite song that you completely disagree with (politically, morally, commonsensically, religiously etc.) oh God so MANY!! That goddamn “my neck my back song” and anything that’s ever been on Uncut, espcially Tip Drill (not a compliment you dumb bitches), My Humps which is the most god awful ode to the female form I’ve ever heard in life
15) The song that you like despite the fact your IQ level drops several points every time you listen to it.
Check on It by Beyonce, S8er Boy Avril Lavinge (if you got nothing better to rhyme with ‘boy’ than…boy it’s a sad, sad day) and New Workout Plan by Kanye
16) Your smooth song, for relaxing:
Little Red Boat although for years I have had NO IDEA who sings it, Keep on Singing my Song by Christina Aguilerra, Love of my Life Common, September by Earth Wind and Fire, That’s the Way Love Goes by Janet
17) A song you would send to someone you hate or are mad at.
Mad by Vivian Green, Cry me a River by Justin Timberlake (still by far the best bitter bitch stalker song there ever was)
18) A favorite track from an outfit considered a “super-group.”
I’m not quite sure what qualifies as a super-group but I’m a pretty big fan of Don’t Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
19) A song that makes you reminisce about good times with a family member.
Lets get Loud by j.Lo makes me think of my mama, Patches makes me think of my stepdad and Pale September by Fiona Apple never fails to solicit a few tears from me when I remember growing up with Joy
20) Your favorite song at this moment in time.
Send in the Clowns by Sarah Vaughn
Gettin’ Some Head by Shawna
What you Know by TI
We Could Be Keyshia Cole
La Vida es un Carnaval by Celia Cruz