aka Jam wants me to shake. the. SHIT. outta her.
1. There’s only one Christmas movie I can stand and that’s How the Grinch Stole Christmas, the original, not the Jim Carey version. Actually, the Carey version ain’t so bad but I prefer the original.
2. I’ve only had a real Christmas tree once. I loved the smell so much that I made my mom keep it up til I graduated from high school in May. I was the only person with a graduation tree. I have no idea how it stayed alive and pine smelling so long. Call it a Christmas miracle.
3. Come Christmas of ’08 I BETTER be on somebody’s island somewhere.
4. The only people who get Christmas presents from me are usually Joy and whoever my significant other is at the time. For 2 reasons: #1 because these gifts are usually so extra and elaborate that I don’t feel like putting effort into anything else and #2 because history has taught me that they are the only 2 people who appreciate it
5. The best gift I’ve ever gotten was from Gay Husband sophmore year. He got me D&G Light Blue (my scent obsession at the time), a Christmas edition Winnie the Pooh (wearing a light blue sweater- sensing a theme?), and the best part… a first edition copy of The Velveteen Rabbit (my fav childhood book that my little brother destroyed)(who’s cover artwork was also light blue.)
6. I spent one Christmas Eve visiting my mother in the psych ward of a local hospital.
7. The only part of Christmas I look forward to is the food. Did I mention I like to eat? And I come from a long line of goddamn-I-can-cook-my-ass-off women. God bless us, every one.
8. I think I won’t like Christmas until I have kids. And I don’t wanna have kids. So…
9. The worst thing to have to do is work in retail during Christmas. I did it for 7 years. No mas.
10. I think little kids taking pictures with Santa is the cutest thing on earth.
11. However, I HATE when people dress their animals up in costume. Why is your dog dressed as Santa? He’s a DOG. Dog don’t need people clothes. They come with their own outfit. Its called FUR.
12. The Christmas lights? Notsomuch. I can’t stand the tacky multicolored, cross religious celebration in excessive lights. Nor can I tolerate when you try to get all trendy with the monochromatic lights. *vomit*
I’m not tagging anyone. You gotta be fuckin’ kidding me.